- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Based ontraveler reviews
Greetings from the Hotel General Manager
We welcome you home! We hope that you enjoy your stay with us. Every little detail means so much to us and we would appreciate immediate feedback on anything at all as there is nothing too big or too small for us to take care of. Take time to enjoy our ocean front Caribbean Spa that offers very professional service. We are large enough to serve you but small enough to care.
- Our room service for dinner is like fine dining on the privacy of your balcony/verandah. We set it up as you were right in our dining room and the meal is brought to you course by course.
What to Expect:
- Winston Churchill came and loved the light for watercolor painting. Actress Marilyn Monroe and husband/playwright Arthur Miller, playwright Noel Coward, and novelist Ian Fleming also visited. What they found at this hotel, and what still attracts an international clientele today, is spiritual refreshment far from the madding world. Sea, beach, gardens, tropical air, and the attentions of staff members each averaging 25 to 30 years' experience, recall the grace of the pre-electronic era. The Jamaica Inn, opened in 1950, has been family-owned for two generations.
- The resort's 213-meter (700-foot) private beach fronting a little cove of calm water and snorkeling sites offers thatch shades, cushioned lounge chairs, and ample room for tranquil sunbathing. A few yards from the beach adjacent to a croquet lawn and a thatch-shaded bar, a 15-meter (50-foot) oval pool surrounded by a sundeck with cushioned lounge chairs provides freshwater swimming.
P. O. BOX 1
- Montego Bay
Airport:Sangster International Aiport MBJ
The Jamaica Inn offers 48 air-conditioned guest suites and 4 two-bedroom cottages without televisions, radio, or clocks located in three buildings and a Blue Cottage (radio/CD player included). All accommodations provide views of the Caribbean Sea from either ground-floor verandahs or second-floor balconies. Colored periwinkle blue with white trim, buildings include outside balustraded breezeways leading to suites, with breezeway roofs supported by columned arches.
Designed for relaxed, open-air living, all suites feature fresh flower bouquets, high ceilings; ceiling fans to supplement or substitute for air conditioning; louvered windows that open to sea breezes and louvered doors leading to verandahs or balconies; barefoot-friendly terrazzo floors; tropical wood furniture and colonial-Jamaica antiques; walk-in closets; tub/shower combinations in tile bathrooms; and historical West Indian prints on walls. Bedrooms are all white except for a pale-pastel accent wall. The resort's signature blue-and-white motif extends to verandahs and balconies.
Large balustraded verandahs and somewhat smaller balconies function as open-air living rooms. They're furnished with overstuffed couches and wing chairs covered in white duck and include two-chair white-wood dining sets. Room service is complimentary.
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom telephone
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Complimentary toiletries
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - wireless
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Non-smoking rooms
- Separate sitting area
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service
- Wake-up calls
- Welcome amenities
- Window opens
Escape to Paradise where you overlook the ocean and listen to the tranquil sound of the waves splashing on the rocks beneath. Discover nature at its best with our all natural local blends, creating a Caribbean flair. At The Ocean Spa you will find a wide variety of treatments in a relaxing and serene setting to give your mind, body and soul a chance to relax and re-energize.
Couples massage is offered on a terrace just above the sea; candlelit night sessions are available. Other massage options include one with smooth river stones. Body treatments include the Oatmeal Milk and Honey Wrap, Blue Mountain Moment and Rainforest Body Smoothie.
A library showcases the owners' family photographs and offers a communal puzzle, board games, books, and complimentary use of a computer with wireless Internet access. Moved to a larger, air conditioned space in 2014, the exercise room has a wide range of workout equipment.
"All Inclusive w/Private Transfer" and "No Meals-Includes Private Transfer" rate plans include private round-trip airport transfers from Sangster/Montego Bay International Airport only. Guest should enter their flight details in the Special Request area when making the booking so that the hotel can arrange for the driver to meet them. The driver will be located outside of the airport so once they exit customs, guests should continue to the airport exit doors where the hotel driver will be waiting with a hotel sign.
Shuttle vans or private cars of varying prices are available. Jamaica Inn highly recommends that private car transfers are used. They can be selected during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this Web site, and added to the total trip cost.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Fitness equipment
- Internet access in public areas - complimentary
- Internet access in public areas - high speed
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Poolside bar
- Private beach
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Security guard
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Children under age 12 are not allowed.
Rollaway beds are not available
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit of US$500 are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
- Pets not allowed
- 3 PM
- 1 PM
The Jamaica Inn offers complimentary hors d'oeuvres every evening, and complimentary planters punch is served on the beach every morning as well as in the exercise room.
Shanty TownOverlooks the sea. Open for breakfast and lunch.
The TerraceFive-course gourmet dinner served under the stars.
Main BarDecorated with antique furnishings; historic pictures, and memorabilia.
Beach BarLocated pooside. Beach service offered as well.
The Jamaica Inn provides complimentary use of snorkeling gear for exploring a reef just off shore, small sailboats, kayaks, and a croquet lawn. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Rowing or canoeing
- Yoga classes/instruction
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport