- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Grand Hotel Villa Medici
Based ontraveler reviews
- Located in a quiet site in town surrounded by private garden with swimming pool. Guests cab enjoy a relaxing stay in a Leading Hotel l of the World
What to Expect:
- Outside the wide new open square, inside modern and contemporary style, marble floors, leather on the walls and cozy sitting in the gallery or cocktail bar overlooking the garden. Gourmet Restaurant inside or at the Conservatory
- Amenities include pool, fitness center equipped with gym, sauna and Turkish bath, concierge service, room service 24h, free wi-fi in hotel, courtesy car downtown, banqueting and meeting facilities.
Via Il Prato 42
Airport:Florence Peretola Airport FLR
This hotel offers 100 guestrooms on four floors. Eighty percent of the rooms have balconies; a few have roof terraces. Accommodations are individually styled with period decor including silk wall coverings and floor-length velvet curtains. Color schemes generally incorporate rich reds or yellows. Carrara marble bathrooms are equipped with scales and separate telephones; many have jetted tubs. Amenities include in-room safes, climate control, and turndown service. Cell-phone rentals and computer rentals are available on request. Non-smoking rooms are also available.
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom scale
- Bathroom telephone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Direct-dial phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (daily)
- In-room safe (accommodates laptop)
- Internet access - surcharge
- Internet access - wireless
- Makeup mirror
- Massage - available in room
- Rollaway beds
- Sewing kit
- Smoking rooms
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
Grand Hotel Villa Medici occupies a former noble's palace, three blocks from Santa Maria Novella Church. Public spaces feature ornate decor and period furnishings. Outside, a walled garden encircles a swimming pool. There is also a fitness center on site with fitness equipment, a sauna, steam room, and hydro-massage. Other amenities include two restaurants, a bar, 24-hour room service, and childcare services. The top floor houses meeting rooms, ranging from small to grand. The largest, known as the Royal Suite, can accommodate banquets.
The amenities listed below are available on site; fees may apply:
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Complimentary breakfast
- Computer rental
- Concierge desk
- Conference room(s)
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Fitness equipment
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Internet access in public areas - wireless
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Meeting room(s) (small groups)
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking (valet)
- Poolside bar
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Shoe shine
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
Extra person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
There are no room charges for children 12 and younger when staying in the same room as their parents or guardians.
Rollaway beds and cribs (infant beds) may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in, cannot be guaranteed, and may incur additional charges.
- Pets not allowed
- 2 PM
A complimentary buffet breakfast is provided each morning.
Lorenzo de’ MediciIntimate restaurant decorated with warm colors. Serves international cuisine with Tuscan influences.
The ConservatoryInformal restaurant with a large picture window overlooking the garden. Serves international cuisines and regional specialties.
Jockey BarServes a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks including coffee and tea. Opens to the garden and swimming pool area.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Daily buffet breakfast
- One 3 course dinner for 2 persons, excluding beverages, on evening of choice; once per stay
- Welcome Tuscan Vinsanto and Cantucci biscuits in room upon arrival
- Guaranteed room upgrade from Superior Room to Deluxe room OR Junior Suite to Suite - AT TIME OF BOOKING
- Guaranteed late check-out until 3:00pm
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport