- Tours & Activities
- Special Offers
- Cruise Vacations
Castle Kiahuna Plantation & the Beach Bungalows
Based ontraveler reviews
- Along with its bargain-priced mai tais for happy hour, the bar at the Plantation Gardens Restaurant serves complimentary pupus of exceptional quality and generous size. The atmosphere invites convivial conversation among contented guests and friendly staff.
What to Expect:
- Imbued with history from both ancient Hawaii and the 19th century, the Castle Kiahuna Plantation preserves an aura of gracious living amid the Garden Island's natural lushness. Space exists for families and couples to vacation in restful silence and as much live-at-home solitude as desired.
- The extraordinary grounds of the Castle Kiahuna Plantation reveal their wonders during strolls. Regarded as one of the world's best for cactus and other succulents, the Moir Gardens include fantastically shaped cacti, 70-year-old orchids, ancient Hawaiian lava-rock walls, ponds, and such artifacts as a grinding stone from Hawaii's first sugar mill and a whaler's melting pot converted into a water-lily planter. Other delights abound, such as monkey pod trees shading circles more than in diameter and a grove of exotic lauhala trees.
2253-B Poipu Road East Entrance
KOLOA, KAUAI, 95756
Airport:Lihue Airport LIH
Occupying 35 lush acres, Castle Kiahuna Plantation & the Beach Bungalows, a Hawaiian condominium resort, offers 332 units in 42 plantation-style white wood buildings. Large furnished lanais with white wood railings provide ocean or garden views. Decorated island-style, Castle Kiahuna Plantation & Beach Bungalows include full kitchens and separate living/dining areas. Instead of air conditioning, units are cooled by ceiling fans and cross-ventilated through louvered shutters.
- Bathroom telephone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Ceiling fan
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs (infant beds) available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Internet access - dial-up
- Internet access - high speed
- Internet access - surcharge
- Iron/ironing board
- Non-smoking rooms
- Separate sitting area
- Voice mail
The Kiahuna Plantation offers guests an opportunity to experience, in contemporary comfort, the 19th-century Hawaiian era of sugar plantations and prim missionaries. Widely spaced on 33 acres of natural grounds and interspersed with gardens and lava-rock ponds, 42 white plantation-style buildings face Poipu Beach, once declared by the world's foremost expert as America's best. Access to upper floors is by outside stairs, not elevators. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge).
Landscaped grounds include a cactus garden, traditional Hawaiian garden, large orchids, and even water lily ponds. Guests have access to a lagoon and barbecue areas.
The front desk at Castle Kiahuna Plantation & the Beach Bungalows can arrange golf outings, helicopter sightseeing trips, luaus, and all other activities available on Kauai; the desk also rents out videotapes and arrange massage sessions. A beach hut rents out snorkel sets and boogie boards, and provides complimentary towels and beach chairs.
Across the street from the Castle Kiahuna Plantation and Beach Bungalows, guests can enjoy the 82,000 gallon resort-styled pool with slide, waterfall and 1,600-gallon spa tub that features 10 hydrotherapy jets and submerged bench seating at the Poipu Beach Athletic Club. For time away from the beach or pool guest can also enjoy the use of one of 10 tennis courts.
- 24-hour front desk
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Internet access in public areas - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- On-site car rental
- Parking (free)
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box - front desk
- Suitable for children
- Video library
Cancellations made 72 hours prior to arrival date will be charged a $25 processing fee. Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival will be charged a $25 processing fee plus one night's stay.
Total amount includes taxes and accommodation fees of 11.42%.
Full charge must be paid at the time the reservation is made.
Extra person charges may apply depending on hotel policy.
Rollaways and cribs are available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees apply.
Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit are required upon check-in for incidental charges.
All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in.
Mandatory Check-Out Cleaning Fee: Will be collected directly from guest upon check-out. Fee is based upon unit size and length of stay:
- One Night Stay Fee:
- $35 plus tax - One Bedroom units
- $55 plus tax - Two Bedroom units
- Two Nights (or longer) Stay Fee:
- $70 plus tax - One Bedroom units
- $110.00 plus tax - Two Bedroom units
Castle Kiahuna Plantation and Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation are the same property and share facilities, but are operated by two different management companies.
- Pets not allowed
- Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- 3 PM
Plantation Gardens RestaurantHailed as one of Hawaii's best, this spacious restaurant occupies much of the Kiahuna Plantation's original manor house. The manor was a 1930 wedding gift to Alexandra Sandie" Knudsen and Hector Moir from her father who inherited Hawaii's first (1835) sugar plantation from his parents. Walls display photographs chronicling plantation history. Under ceiling fans dining is inside or on a wraparound veranda overlooking gardens and ponds. Wood floors and big wicker chairs evoke an earlier era and slower-paced atmosphere. The shaded bar has its own veranda. Diners are attracted by inventive contemporary Hawaiian fare featuring local fish and other items.
Guests of Castle Kiahuna Plantation and Beach Bungalows have exclusive access to the Poipu Beach Athletic Club which includes a resort style pool with slide and waterfall, a spa tub, and 10 tennis courts.
Kiahuna Golf Course is just a three-minute drive away, and the renowned Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course is 10 minutes away. On Kauai, recreational opportunities abound, including those listed below.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the Castle Kiahuna Plantation & the Beach Bungalows; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding/rental
- Jet skiing
- Surfing/boogie boarding
Check Hotel Availability
How many adults (over 18)?
How many children (0-18)?
Infant Airline Seating
Call 1-800-221-3949 to book a seat for a child under 2
How many nights?
Select your check in date on the calendar
Want to add a flight?
Enter departing airport
Enter departing airport